Administrative Assistant Job Description
Under the direction of the Executive Director, is responsible for providing general support to all DeltaARTS staff, as well as managing the daily and weekly operations of the office.
• Answer and direct telephone calls
• Greet and assist visitors to the office
• In coordination with the Finance & Administrative Director, oversee building maintenance and inventory, restock and reorder supplies, and coordinate repairs/replacements as needed
• In coordination with the Development & Communications Director, develop, maintain, and train an effective and “cause-dedicated” pool of volunteers.
• Manage office calendar
• Prepare for and take dictation during staff, board, and other meetings
• Produce and distribute internal/external correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms.
• Receive, sort, and distribute mail
• Assist with all special events and building rentals
• Research and create presentations and generate reports
• Assist with grant requests and final report preparation
• Photograph and document DeltaARTS events as assigned
• Maintain and archive all DeltaARTS activities on a routine basis
• Reconcile bank and credit card statements and making occasional bank deposits
• Processing and counting income at events
• Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
• Associate’s degree (bachelor’s preferred) and at least two (2) years of related work experience
• Strong organizational and planning skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
• Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
• Flexible and able to work under a deadline
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously; event-planning skills a plus
• Valid driver’s license and personal vehicle required
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Publisher, PowerPoint, and Excel; experience with Google Suite, including Gmail and Docs
Full-time exempt, 32 hours a week with occasional special events on nights and weekends
$13 an hour. Paid time off and eligible for health/dental insurance and retirement benefits after 90-day probationary period.
General office work that may involve walking or standing for extended periods. Occasionally may require lifting and loading up to 25 pounds.
CONTACT WITH OTHERS
The position involves a significant amount of contact with DeltaARTS staff, volunteers, sponsors, donors, members, and the public. This involves frequent interactions that may be of a sensitive or confidential nature. Discretion and sound judgment is required. Staff must be able to relate well to individuals with a variety of backgrounds and positively represent DeltaARTS in these contacts.
A one-page cover letter should cite specific accomplishments which qualify you to fulfill the requirements of this position. Generic cover letters will not be accepted. Electronic submissions only. No phone calls, please.
Send cover letter and resume (including three professional references with contact information) to Ms. Alex Smith, Executive Director: email@example.com.
Applications accepted 9/26/19 – 10/31/19.
DeltaARTS is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit arts agency and equal-opportunity employer serving the Delta region by enhancing lives through imaginative arts education.